1. How do I contact Long Lines?
Long lines can be contacted four ways:
Customer Support: 712-271-4000
In Person: Find a Long Lines store near you.
PO Box 67
Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054
2. Where are you located?
Click here to locate a Long Lines store near you!
3. What are your hours?
Customer Care: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm
Click here to find a store near you and view business hours!
4. How do I find out if service is available to my home?
Please fill out the check service availability form on this web site, or call our office at 866-901-5664 Our customer service reps will be able to tell immediately if cable has ever been connected to your home. If so, we can service it. However, if your home has never had cable service before, one of our technicians will stop by to see if we can service your location. The tech will not have to come in your home at this time, so there is no need for you to be there. He will then notify our office of his findings, and we will contact you.
5. What channels are available?
Click here to view our channel lineup
6. How soon can I get my cable connected?
IIf your home has never had cable, the length of time depends on your location and will be estimated on an individual case basis.
7. How long must I wait for the installer the day of installation?
Your time is valuable! That's why we set up appointments.
8. What if I forget the date of my installation?
Feel free to contact our office anytime you have a question. You can request to have our office call you a half hour before your install time.
9. If I miss the installer, what should I do?
You know you missed the installer if you find a yellow tag on your front door saying "Sorry we missed you!" Call our office and we will send the installer back that day if possible, or reschedule your appointment for a more convenient time.
Internet - Features FAQs
1. What is the MyLongLines service?
3. What does it mean that MyLongLines is "always on"?
4. How much does the service cost?
5. How do I connect to the MyLongLines service?
6. Do I still need my Internet Service Provider?
7. If I don't subscribe to cable TV, can I still get the MyLongLines service?
8. Can I have more than one email address?
9. If I subscribe to MyLongLines, can I use it on more than one computer?
10. Can I have my own Website on the MyLongLines service?
11. Can I use MyLongLines while watching TV?
12. Can I access my email accounts if I am out of town?
Internet Speeds FAQs
1. How fast is it?
Long Lines offers the fastest Internet speeds with download capabilities up to 1GB! We offer speeds and prices that will fit your particular needs.
*Actual speeds will vary. Factors that affect downstream data speed include: overall network traffic; the computer's performance and configuration; accessing non-cached or cached data; location and configuration of the accessed server; performance characteristics of each component of the data network; the number of users, and all users' compliance with MyACTV's Acceptable Use Policy, available at http://www.myactv.net/acceptable.html. Upstream data transfer speed is limited to 1 Mbps.
2. What does a faster connection do for me?
Subscribing to a faster Internet package will allow you to download files quicker, stream movies seamlessly without the need to buffer content. If you have several people in your household you will be able to have multiple sessions going at the same time and everyone will be able to have the bandwidth they need.
Internet - Installation FAQs
1. Are there additional installation or setup fees?
2. Can I get Long Lines in my neighborhood?
Long Lines Internet is available everywhere that Long Lines Cable TV is available. There are some additional areas where we provide Internet. Please use the Service Availability form or call us at 866-901-5664.
3. Does Long Lines install new cable in my neighborhood?
Long Lines is constantly expanding our service coverage area. Please use the Service Availability form or call us at 866-901-5664.
4. What's involved in the installation process?
Internet - Equipment FAQs
1. What hardware and software do I need to use Long Lines?
2. What are the minimum system requirements?
Requirements for 150M Ultra:
What is the difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet?
3. What is a cable modem?
A cable modem is an external device that connects to your computer. Cable modems translate radio frequency (RF) signals to and from the cable plant into Internet Protocol (IP); the communications protocol spoken by all computers connected to the Internet.
4. Can I attach a server to your network?
5. Can I use any TCP/IP stack with the Long Lines service?
Television - Programming FAQs
1. Do you have a program guide for your channels?
- Tune to channel 4 to view our 24-hour continuous scrolling list of our basic channels
- Visit the TV Guide Website and enter your zip code for up to date program listings.
- Add a digital cable box or DVR with the Interactive Program Guide - and always know what's showing!
2. How do I order PPV?
Or visit the PPV section of this web site.
3. What channels do you offer?
Television - Equipment FAQs
1. Do I need a converter box?
If your TV does not have an internal QAM tuner, you will need some type of converter for your TV to receive our 100% digital signal. We have several options available on our equipment page.
2. How do I get a remote control for my converter?
Remotes are available from our office.
3. I would like to hook up cable to additional TVs in my house. Is there any charge?
No! There is absolutely NO MONTHLY CHARGE for extra outlets. They are free with your cable service! There is a one time installation charge if you elect to have one of Long Lines' technicians activate the outlet. If your TV or VCR is not cable ready and you need an additional converter, there will be a monthly rental fee.
4. What should I do if I experience technical problems with my cable?
Please refer to our online troubleshooting guide. You may fill out a Technical Repair form online and submit it to us. Always feel free to contact our office via our technical assistance line 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 866-901-5661.
1. What is Digital Phone?
2. Can I call 911 using my Long Lines Digital Phone?
3. If the power goes out, does my 911 service still work?
4. If my phone service is temporarily suspended for non-payment, does my 911 service stop working?
5. Under which circumstances would my E911 service stop working besides being disconnected by the cable company?
Digital Phone Long Distance FAQs
1. Can I chose my Long Distance carrier?
2. How do I make long distance calls?
3. Can I make international calls?
4. How do I make international calls?
5. Can I use my calling card for long distance calls?
Digital Phone Installation FAQs
1. How soon can my Digital Phone service be installed?
2. Do I need to be home?
3. What if I can't be home?
4. I wasn't home, and now my phone is out of service. What should I do?
5. How long does installation take?
6. How soon will my Digital Phone service be active?
7. What if I have to reschedule my phone installation date?
Digital Phone Equipment FAQs
1. Can I move my Digital Phone equipment modem from one location to another?
2. Does Antietam Cable provide technical suppose for my Digital Phone service?
3. Who maintains my Digital Phone equipment?
4. Do I have to buy any extra equipment?
5. Do I need a special phone?
6. Is Digital Phone compatible with answering machines and Caller ID display?
7. Will a fax machine work with Antietam Cable Digital Phone service?
8. Will Digital Phone work with my home network?
9. Will Digital Phone work with my alarm system?